I’ve decided to start keeping more lists of things that I’ve done because I find that I spend a lot of time telling myself that I’ve managed to really do nothing… I’d like to eventually figure out how to turn this into some sort of cool graph but until then a simple list will have to suffice.
1. Got up
2. Got my period
3. Made coffee
4. Spilled coffee
5. Made more coffee
6. Got dressed, put on makeup
7. Picked up my son Liam from his dad’s house.
8. Dropped off Liam at school
9. Returned home. Spoke to head of club soccer team about a few things (just took over team manager job)
10. Sent out a few emails for club soccer
11. Turned phone off
12. Worked on re-write for Chapter 16 of new book
13. Wondered if it was any good
14. Picked up dogs from groomer. Lily had horrible heat rash.
15. Made appointment with the vet
16. Continued to work on Chapter 16
17. Took phone call from my daughter’s soccer coach
18. Had lunch. PB&J on crackers.
20. Did dishes
21. Did 2 loads of laundry washer/dryer
22. Moved my daughter Peyton to an earlier art class (phone call)
23. Got fingerprinted so I could be Team Manager for Peyton’s soccer team.
24. Picked up dog food (PetCo)
25. Picked up goal keeper gloves for Peyton’s team (Big 5)
26. Drove to Peyton’s school. Called my mom from parking lot before bell rang.
27. Chatted with mom
28. Took Peyton to art class
29. Ran and got her bagel and water. Split bagel with her
30. Drove home. Got Lily (sick dog)
30a. Phoned Agent Huddle about Paramount job while in car
31. Went to Vet
32. Held down Lily while they gave her shot. Got slammed in face when she jumped back.
33. Back home. Fed dogs gave meds to Lily.
34. Emailed Peyton’s soccer team. Emailed producer on potential job at Fox to set up meeting with Director.
35. Did more laundry.
36. Brief rest (passed out) on Pilates reformer in garage while laundry tumbled (surprisingly comfortable)
37. Ordered Chinese
38. Picked up Chinese
38a. Ate Chinese
39. Got last minute emails from team regarding player who would be late to game. Flurry of emails and texts followed
40. Began to question ultimate meaning of life.
41. Read about Georgia O’Keeffe and was disappointed to learn she was something of an opportunist, or at least more calculating about her work than I would have liked to believe.
42. Fretted about writing and life.
43. Considered checking out the Georgia O’Keeffe online exhibit at the Whitney but decided not to.
44. Went to bed. Tried not to think. Hoped it was all just hormonal.